This London based management role is fundamental to the smooth day-to-day running of the company. The role is broad in its scope and will involve client and supplier liaison, managing drivers and their schedules, shift and route planning, delivery software administration, overseeing vehicle maintenance and responsibility for all operational logistics on a daily basis. You will be the principal point of contact for, and regularly interface with drivers, our clients and our third party suppliers.
- Driver training in customer service, software use, and various protocols.
- Managing a pool of drivers to ensure all shifts are filled at all times.
- Retaining drivers and maintaining staff morale.
- Responsibility for route planning, load planning and driver schedules on a daily basis.
- Logging, tracking, and recording deliveries using proprietary Urban Bundles software.
- Daily vehicle and driver inspections prior to shifts commencing.
- Responsibility and accountability for all driver equipment and vehicles.
- Frequent communication with the drivers throughout the day to ensure delivery targets are being met.
- Assisting with failed deliveries, other problems and fielding questions drivers may have regarding drops.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with drivers, clients and suppliers.
- Problem solving in the event of mishaps, problems or other issues (eg break-downs, RTAs, complaints, delays and driver no-shows).
- Overseeing that any additional projects and promotions the client wants to introduce to the service goes smoothly.
This London based role is ideally suited to an individual used to managing people, logistical planning and with strong organisational and communication skills. The role requires the ability to think quickly and problem solve, whilst dealing with a range of stakeholders, from drivers through to suppliers and client points of contact. We are looking for a ‘fixer’ with a ‘can-do’ attitude who can proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Applicants should be English speaking and a good geographical working knowledge of London is important.
Attention to detail is vital, keeping a close eye on driver schedules, driver turnout, ensuring high standards of customer service and ensuring drivers hit their daily targets. Furthermore, a calm and professional telephone manner is a key requirement.
Beginning of July 2015
Contract & Salary:
- Contract will initially be on a self-employed basis, running for 6 months, with a 3 month review.
- Working hours are 8am – 6pm, based on a 10hr working day Mon-Fri, and occasionally being on-call at weekends in the event of driver no-shows etc.
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime when the company requires.
- Salary is £35,000 – £50,000 (annual) depending on experience and subject to discussion.
- On successful completion of the initial 6 month contract, the candidate will also be eligible for a discretionary, fully funded, performance related bonus.
Get in touch:
Please email a covering letter and CV to [email protected], with the reference ‘Operations Manager’ and your name in the Subject Heading.